Monday 15 July 2013

WPP: The Futures Company

I spent my second week at The Future Company. Just as I was starting to getting to grips with how one company worked I am hurled into a new environment. Either way I relish the challenge.

The Futures Company uses market research to predict future trends of different industries. (That is a very simplistic description of what they do, but it is the crux of it.)


From the beginning I was thrown into the mix:

1. I had a conference call with a popular carbonated beverage company and created a condensed slideshow of a previous workshop the company had with TFC.

2. Atticus Grand Prix winner (it’s a big deal in the marketing world) Andrew Curry took time out to have a coffee with me, where I got to pick his brain about the previous projects he had done.

3. Chloe Cook and I also discussed the rise of “the kinship economy” (I will write a blog about it) and its application in the hotel industry

4. My mentor, Vera Kiss gave me an interesting research project on the future trends of women’s fashion in different European countries.

I was never short of something to do and while I would be lying if I said it wasn’t intense I was never bored, which is a good sign.

Follow me on twitter: @EniOso
Connect on LinkedIn: Eni Osonaike

No comments:

Post a Comment